Most pruning sought by Madison areas homeowners is reactive tree pruning, sparked by the appearance of a dead branch or suspicion of disease. While hazard mitigation is certainly a good reason to prune a mature tree, most mature trees benefit from pruning every 3-5 years for a variety of reasons, including:
- Remove dead or dying branches before they fall and damage your property or other plants
- Poor branch unions that may go unnoticed by the untrained eye, can lead to branch or stem failure.
- You've weathered the storm but your trees may not have fared as well. We will take care of that obvious problem you've spotted and work to make sure there are no other hidden dangers.
- Think of us as an exterior designer, We will shape your trees to flow with the architecture of your home and landscape.
- With mature trees its especially helpful to have a thorough pruning done and have all of the deadwood removed. This aides monitoring your trees for any large pockets of dead wood that may show up in the coming years.