Tree pruning is one of the best ways to ensure a safe, healthy future for young trees and help mature trees age gracefully and beautifully.
General Pruning for Mature Trees
Most pruning sought by Madison areas homeowners is reactive tree pruning, sparked by the appearance of a dead branch or suspicion of disease. While hazard mitigation is certainly a good reason to prune a mature tree, most mature trees benefit from pruning every 3-5 years for a variety of reasons, including:
- Hazard Mitigation
- Remove dead or dying branches before they fall and damage your property or other plants
- Poor branch unions that may go unnoticed by the untrained eye, can lead to branch or stem failure.
- Corrective Tree Pruning After Storm Damage
- You've weathered the storm but your trees may not have fared as well. We will take care of that obvious problem you've spotted and work to make sure there are no other hidden dangers.
- Improved Aesthetics
- Think of us as an exterior designer, We will shape your trees to flow with the architecture of your home and landscape.
- Baseline for Effective Disease Monitoring
- With mature trees its especially helpful to have a thorough pruning done and have all of the deadwood removed. This aides monitoring your trees for any large pockets of dead wood that may show up in the coming years.
Structural Pruning for Young Trees
Benefits of structural pruning of young trees:
- Cost effective (typically under $350)
- As trees get larger and stretch their branches over homes and near power lines it becomes very difficult and time consuming to prune out issues that could have been remedied early in life.
- Improved aesthetics
- Yes, we can make your tree even more beautiful!
- Improved long-term health
- Pruning young trees allows us to make small cuts and therefore small wounds that will have a large long term impact on heath and structure.
- Identify trouble areas early
- Left unchecked, certain trees tend to have bad habits. We are able to identify these areas early and fix them.
- Cheaper to prune out issues now than deal with expensive failures later
- Certified Arborists will catch planting errors or disease issues early on
- This is BIG, it takes many years of continual education and experience to properly identify root and planting issues. At ECO we specialize in Root collar excavation using advanced non harmful techniques to uncover your tress root system and then correct root issue before its permanent.
- Staged corrective action (tree surgery)